Sunday, January 20, 2008

Confession of a Xaverian post admission.













Hitherto the Campus Buzz segment in the Careergraph of The The Telegraph was tiringly used to this just too frequently repeated caption "Anurag Singal writes from Don Bosco Liluah" heading those event reports which were published here and gave people on this side of the river Ganga a glimpse of almost anything and everything that nhad been occurring in DBL..since 1999 ...inter school fests, visits to old age homes, debates , animation camps , sport meets !!!!!!!



Now this same Anurag was in St Xavier's and would surely be upto some mischief .So one fine Wednesday morning , 4 lac copies of The Telegraph were published containing a tiny column in the Campuz Buzz



It read




Anurag Singal writes from St Xavier's College




Early Morning Rituals




At 4 o'clock in the morning ,as the world sleeps Xaverians awake to light and freedom .
We get ready to rush off to 30,Park Street to meet the intimidating 6 o'clock deadline. Our teachers drill into our grey cells the intricacies of accounting standards and standard auditing practices .



A few troubled souls yawningly call our college an unofficial boys school
we implore them to wait for 9:40 when the actual college begins and ...we the school kids can enjoy the vibrancy all around



Saturday is the D-Day for us..it's the 100 minutes-100 marks weekly test
The intellectuals are busy proving their fundas right ..the rest simply pray to safely overcome the disaster!!



The critics announced that I had taken a dictionary and just jotted down out all the bombastic words I could find!!!!




The article was pure delight for my friends and everyone who loved me...my school teachers ... Later I was overjoyed when I came to know through my juniors that my English teachers in Don Bosco had cited this article as an example of how Boscoiites were bestowed with this innate ability to say so much in so little words ...an ability which I definitely owe to them totally ...




My gr8 friend Yogesh took notice of it and kept wondering for 6 months who this Anurag Singal in his college was, till we finally met each other and said that he enjoyed reading it!!




For me it was an addiction which manifested itself once again and heralded a publishing spree which for the next three years continued to update all college-goers with the latest in our B .Com Dept !!!! Finally I wrapped it up with my event report on our Valedictory function in February 2006 ....no more "Anurag Singal writes from St Xavier's College " for me subsequent to this!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

David Joseph said...

Hey, your blog is really awesome.
and your language is simply amazing.
I'm trying for Sociology in St.Xavier's Calcutta. I've never been to Kolkata before, so a little nervous about everything...:)
Anyway, hope I get in and please do keep blogging...